App Shortcut is a great little widget that allows you to easily set a widget with two rows of icons. The bottom rows displays either 5 or 10 apps of your choosing, with the top row featuring the last 5 or 10 apps you used. This is a great way of giving some of your favourite apps a permanent presence on a screen (in a smaller way than normal icons), but also allows quick assess to recent apps!
In the words of the developer:
Apps Shortcut will help you quickly open the favorite applications or applications that ran recently through widget. 5 minutes by default, the list of application just ran recently will be updated automatically. In order to save battery, this function is only active when the screen is bright. You can manually update via the Update button on the widget. To change the time to for updating or your favorite applications list, go to the configuration through the configuration button on the Widget.
1. Create a list of favorite applications and easily open through widget.
2. Lists of recently run applications, automatically update the list. Update only when the screen is bright to save the battery power.
3. You can change the updating time and a list of your favorite applications.
How to use:
1. Long press on the home screen and select Widgets.
2. Select Apps Shortcut with medium or big size.
3. Configure the time to update and list of favorite applications.
4. Enjoy it.